Why Should You be a Member of MRSEA
- MRSEA (Minnesota Retired State Employees Association) works to protect your State pension. We are committed to protect retiree benefits and to oppose efforts to diminish these benefits.
- MRSEA advocates for you in the Legislature. We monitor the Legislature and the Minnesota Retirement System Board of Directors. MRSEA Board members take appropriate action such as attending meetings and meeting individually with members of the Legislature.
- MRSEA advocates for affordable retiree insurance benefits. We work with MMB (Minnesota Management and Budget) to maintain health and dental coverage and provide access to long term care insurance.
- MRSEA keeps you informed of important issues that affect you. We will send you three newsletters annually. You may visit the website anytime for important updates and schedules. Insurance Open Enrollment meetings for retirees are held throughout the State in the Fall.
- MRSEA is available to you anywhere in the State. There are 8 Sub-chapters: Brainerd, Duluth, Fergus Falls, West Central, Mankato, Rochester, Marshall, and Northwoods.
- MRSEA sponsors social activities. The Annual Spring Meeting and Luncheon is an opportunity to meet with former co-workers and get updates on benefits. The Fall event, typically a boat trip, gives you a chance to relax with friends.
Join us to promote, protect and enhance Minnesota State retiree benefits. Your membership and support is necessary to provide a strong voice. There is strength in numbers. MRSEA is your retirement security.
I once again would like to thank you for your continued support of MRSEA. The 2017 renewal year will be underway. I want to thank our returning members whose membership lapsed for a while, and have rejoined!
Ruth M. Husom